SMM-promotion in social networks: the main trends of 2017
The number of Internet users in January 2017 was 3,77 billion — this is half the World’s population. 2,8 billion people are the users of social networks.
Did You know that about 500,000 likes are put every minute on Facebook, 350 and 85 million photos and videos are downloaded daily to Facebook, Instagram and other social networks.
You need to know what relevant tools for SMM-promotion of the site and account to use to stand out in this vast ocean of users.
What trends are relevant in 2017 among SMM-specialists?
- Video StreamingThe live-video function is now available not only on YouTube and Periscope, but also on Facebook, Instagram, Vkontakte and Odnoklassniki. Streaming video allows You to broadcast from important events, answer live questions, arrange voting or whole shows. But the main advantage is that subscribers receive notifications about the beginning of broadcasts and such posts are always at the beginning of the tape.
- Personalize Your contentPromotion of sites in the SMM environment requires the use of special tools. Nowadays, almost all social networks provide the ability to personalize Your ads. Advertising can be shown to residents of a certain city, to men or women, to 25 or after 40 years. Retargeting is also possible — showing ads to users who have visited Your site only once.
- Targeting and retargeting. You can customize the display of ads for a clearly filtered audience of users with the help of these tolls. Now budgets are being spent consciously — advertising is shown to users who are very likely to become Your customers. A relatively new feature is a look-a-like audience. They consist of users who are similar to visitors to Your site. The use of targeting helps attract customers to the site, and retargeting — to keep and make the customer permanent.
- Disappearing content (stories)Following Snapchat, the disappearing content appeared in Instagram, Vkontakte and Facebook. The publication, which lives 24 hours, allows You to post several photos at once, draw on them and do not clog Your account. Stories are automatically displayed above “permanent content”, so they will never get lost in the tape.
In Stories You can do the following things:
- hold contests with tips that live only 24 hours;
- show the process of creating something or interesting moments from the life of the company;
- announce new products or activities.
SMM-promotion in social networks: the struggle for traffic is tightened
All social networks go away from the chronological order of publications in the news feed. Facebook and Instagram analyze more than 10,000 factors when choosing a post to display. To pay attention to users every day becomes more difficult.
Nowadays, there are several ways to raise the post in the tape, such as:
- the use of popular content, which will be shown in the results of search engines;
- the use of targeting (paid advertisements);
- the use of new features that are rapidly gaining popularity (it is a video in Facebook , stories in Instagram);
- the use of new channels of the sites SMM promotion of, the combination of activities in different social networks.
SMM experts are increasingly turning to opinion leaders
A blogger who is well versed in goods or services of a certain category, or simply a popular person with a large audience is the leader of opinions (abbreviated as “LPO” – the Leader of Public Opinion). Fasting in the tape of a popular account can score hundreds of likes in a few minutes. If LPO talks about a product in a positive way, its subscribers pay attention to it. Especially well the strategy of “posts-reviews” works in women’s topics — cosmetics, jewelry, bags, shoes. This method of promotion has significant advantages: large coverage (depends on the number of bloggers’ subscribers), low cost of advertising and much more influence on the audience than advertising posts from the brand itself.
Opinion leaders can work for free, on barter or for money (the “product for review” option is gaining popularity). The first two options significantly reduce the cost of promoting the product. It is interesting that beginning bloggers with a relatively small audience, say, 10 thousand people, much more willingly agree to a barter version, and the result from the post may even be higher than that of a well-stocked hundred-thousander. This is explained by a warm “lamp” atmosphere, when many subscribers personally know a person and are actively interested in his/her life. The main drawback is that not every account or business can be promoted this way. For example, to promote a website development studio method is hardly suitable.
All these trends are fleeting, like the interests of users. Marketers should understand that SMM-promotion in social networks is just one of the advertising channels, the goal of which is not to get many likes and subscribers, but real profit. We also need to understand that one SMM is not enough. For example, to promote the website of a web studio, You need to connect other channels of promotion.
Ask questions, we are looking forward to hearing from You!
Do You like the article? Share with Your friends on social networks!
Subscribe to our newsletter and get the latest news from Outsourcing Team right into Your inbox!