Since the beginning of hostilities on the territory of Ukraine, many people have been forced to leave their homes without belongings, money and any plan of action.
Many immigrants from different parts of our Motherland who needed the help of local residents also came to the city of Khmelnytskyi.
The Outsourcing.Team team could not stand aside in such a difficult time for Ukrainians. We began to act from the first day of the war!
Preparation of temporary shelter
Already on February 24, we started refurbishing our office for convenient location of people.
First, we cleared the 502 and 505 staterooms of desks and other furniture to provide enough space for sleeping berths.
Then we cooperated together and brought what we could from the homes: bed linen, blankets, pillows, towels, food, clothes, etc. We included our friends and relatives in the collection of necessary things, because in difficult times among Ukrainians there are no “ours” and “strangers” – everyone unites!
Already on the first night from February 24 to 25, one couple of refugees stayed with us. And the next day, the number of people who found shelter with us increased to 50 people!
Expansion of the project to help displaced people
Every day, more and more people turned to us for help. Therefore, we decided to expand our opportunities outside the office:
- On the 3rd or 4th day of the war, we created lists where possible places of settlement of people in Khmelnytskyi, the number of displaced persons and their needs were entered;
- We contacted various social institutions and agreed on the settlement of people who turned to us for help;
- Our manager Oleksandr talked with his partners, involving a rehabilitation center, a cafe and other institutions in the refugee settlement. Many residents of Khmelnytskyi offered a room in their own house to shelter people from “hot” regions of the country;
- We also participated in the coordination of the actions of displaced persons, distributed our flyers at railway stations during the arrival of evacuation trains.
Over time, various entrepreneurs and simply caring people began to join us.
We received 50 kg of cheese from a local factory, cookies and other goodies for children from enterprises. The owner of the beauty salon, located on the second floor of our office building, gave the keys to his own shower cabin for the displaced people.
In just a few days, together we were able to create comfortable conditions for the temporary residence of people affected by the war.
Exit to the regional level
Khmelnytskyi is a cozy town where it is difficult to comfortably accommodate a very large number of residents from the million-strong cities of Ukraine (Kharkiv, Kyiv, Dnipro, Odesa, Donetsk region).
Every day we received information about the increase in the number of displaced persons in the city. Therefore, we decided to expand the responsibilities of our volunteer activities and reach the regional level!
The Outsourcing.Team began calling regional centers that are able to provide housing for temporarily displaced persons.
In addition, we contacted the Khmelnytskyi City Council, which provided communal premises for people in urgent need of housing.
Chatbot is a modern solution to communication problems
The high speed of updating information, the endless flow of requests from immigrants and the limited human resources of our team led us to the idea of automating communication!
We’ve created a two-way chatbot that:
- Enterprises updated information on the number of available places for displaced persons;
- And people who needed housing could choose the Khmelnytsky district, see where there are vacancies, and get the address and phone number of contact persons.
This chatbot still helps people find shelter. We are doing our best to spread it through various media channels and support as many Ukrainians as possible.
Together we will overcome everything, because we are invincible!